Android Wear, Android Smartphones + Tablets and Android SmartTVs etc.
Now we are going into 2016 and there are a very few devices left that don’t run Android OS. Android is everywhere, literally. It has been running on your cameras, Smartwatches, Cars and even on Home Automation Systems. Not to forget about those for which it is first developed to run on — the Mobile devices.
But we’re not gonna discuss any of them. Actually, in this post, we’re going to talk about what Android OS has to offer in 2016 — in Smartphone market. Before going further, let me clear you that I haven’t included any Tablets in this list. There are many Phablets, however. I have included ’em because in my dictionary there is no clear cut boundary/difference between a Smartphone and a Phablet. And I don’t think that you can differentiate them either. Now, here are the Android Smartphones, worth your money in 2016.
Best Android Phone 2016
1. Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Check Best Deals
- 4.7″ Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection 4.
- 720×1280 screen resolution, which is good, even by latest standards.
- It has Samsung’ proprietary Exynos 5 Octa-core 5430 chipset. This chipset is one of each quad-core Cortex A-15 @1.8 GHz and quad-core Cortex A-7 @ 1.3 GHz frequency.
- For graphics handling, it has Mali-T628 MP6 GPU with 2 Gigs of RAM and 32 GB Internal Storage.
- 12 MP primary autofocus camera with LED-flash and HDR images of 2160p@30fps + 2.1 MP secondary camera.
- Other features such as A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and WiFi 802.11ac etc.
- No micro-sd card slot and pretty average 1860 mAh battery.
- It runs Android KitKat by default, but you should be able to run Lollipop on it, pretty easily.
Galaxy Alpha is different than most Samsung Galaxy phones, considering the fact that it is made from Aluminuim instead of plastic, but not fully metallic. Go for it if you want some top-tier smartphone features + a very slim design. But since it is more than one year old, some of us may not like it.
[junkie-button url=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MPYEQUO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00MPYEQUO&linkCode=as2&tag=hware016-20&linkId=YK27SF5NPFO6FVYX” rel=”nofollow” style=”green” size=”large” type=”square” target=”_blank”] Buy On $450 Discount Through Amazon [/junkie-button]
2. Google Nexus 6P : Check Best Deals
Google Nexus 6P is latest attempt from search giant to provide you the taste of uncustomized, uncluttered, unmasked, vanilla Android. There were previous models in Nexus line-up but all of them had a little problem here and there. But now Google is focused to make their Nexus phones best Androids in the market.
- 5.7″ screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- Its screen resolution is 1440 x 2560 having Oleophobic coating ensures to save it from oil and smudges from your fingers.
- It comes in 3 versions. Major difference between all these versions is storage capacity. Its versions have 32/64 and 128GB storage respectively.
- Its primary camera has a 12.3 MP laser-focus primary camera with Dual-LED flash and video shooting in 2160p@30fps. Its 8MP secondary camera can capture pics at 8MP and shoot in 1080@30fps. Other camera features such as HDR, tpuch focus and panorama etc.
- It has the latest Snapdragon chipset — Qualcomm 810 — that has single Quad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB RAM are there for optimal and hassle-free performance.
- Its 3450 mAh battery is quite good but one problem is that you can’t remove it.
- Other features in its hat are Type-C compatibility, Wifi 802.11 ac support, NFC, 4G-LTE, A-GPS, GLONASS and latest Bluetooth v4.2.
One thing I didn’t mentioned above, on purpose, is its USP — the latest Android Marshmallow. Marshmallow has many new features such as App StandBy and Doze etc. that you’ll simply love to use. In short, there is apparently no reason you shouldn’t buy it — except your budget.
3. LG V10: Check Best Deals
- 5.7″ IPS LCD of 1440 x 2560 resolution, with Corning Gorilla 4 protection.
- Actually it has two active displays , a primary one that I discussed earlier, plus a secondary one of 2.1″ diagonal size and have 1040 x 160 resolution. So you can imply that it has 2 layers of Corning Gorilla 4.
- This “2-screen” concept is pretty crucial because you can see notifications and other light tasks without waking up primary screen.
- A Snapdragon 808 chipset that contains 1 Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & 1 dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 processor.
- 16 MP primary autofocus camera with Optical Image Stabilization, HDR and flash and 80-degree angle.
- It can shoot videos 2160p@30fps. Its secondary camera is of 5 MP and have 120-degree zoom.
- Adreno 418 GPU for graphics calculations. It has 64GB internal storage and 4GB RAM — arguably the most we’ve seen in Android phones till now.
- Other goodies include WiFi 802.11ac support, A-GPS, GLONASS, Fast-charging (Yes, it can charge up to 50% in just about 40 minutes of charging), Bluetooth 4.1 and LTE-A Cat. 6 support.
- On other feature, you don’t usually find on other High-end phones, is Micro-SD card support. You can use micro-sd cards as long as they’re not bigger than 200GB.
- Its AptX support comes very handy if you own a AptX-enabled Wireless Headphone.
- The only area where you may feel limited — only a little bit — is its battery, that is of 3000 mAh. While that’s not too bad but not too amazing either — considering its price.
- One more thing — it’s shock proof certified too.
4. Motorola Moto G 2015: Check Best Deals
5. Moto X Pure Edition (2015): Check Best Deals
6. HTC One A9: Check Best Deals
7. Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Check Best Deals
8. Sony Xperia Z5: Check Best Deals
9. Huawei Ascend G7: Check Best Deals
10. Sony Xperia Z3+: Check Best Deals