The idea about Gaming laptops under $1000 came in my mind when I was writing about writing about best gaming laptops overall . Because everyone loves gaming laptops due to their processing power, portability and compact size. OK, the latter two things aren’t found that much in gaming laptops, but they still give you more portability and compact size than a full-fledged Gaming desktop. But one main problem I have with these notebooks labeled as ‘Gaming Laptops’ is that they are deadly expensive. Even more expensive than a MacBook Pro in some cases.
Now, I know this is not a good comparison and MacBook Pro is not a Gaming Laptop. But MacBook Pro is arguably the Best Laptop around. So to be more expensive than that, a laptop has to show some guts. Well, most gaming laptops are super-powerful, agreed, but not everyone — or even some of us — can afford the sub-3000 bucks’ gaming laptops.
This is the reason why I’ve written this post is that I wanted to show that you don’t need to rob a Bank, in order to Buy to Gaming Laptop. One more thing, to be able to handle high-graphics games, a laptop doesn’t have to be a gaming one. I know what you’re saying. You probably saying that gaming laptops have many features like backlighting, pro-grade keyboard etc. But the most important task is Graphics handling. If a laptop can do that, it is good for gaming.
So here we present the best Gaming notebooks to buy under $1000.
Best Gaming Laptops Under $1000
1. ASUS N550JK-DS71T – Buy Now
- 15.6″ full HD wide-angle IPS screen. Touch is quick and responsive too.
- For best sound, it has a quad-speaker array combined with an external sub-woofer.
- For True surround sound Asus has a feature called SonicMaster Premium, developed by B&O.
- 2.6 GHz Core i7-4720HQ 4th-Gen Processor with 8 GB RAM and 1024GB of Internal Hard Drive.
- A Nvidia GTX950M 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card ensures you can play games like Hitman, Assassin Creed 3 pretty easily.
Related: Best graphics cards for gaming
2. MSI GP60 Pro-825 Leopard – Buy Now
- 15.6″ 1920×1080 Full HD Anti-Reflective Display for stunning visuals.
- 3 GHz Core i5-4200M processor with 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM and 750 GB of Mechanical Hard Drive.
- Nvidia Geforce GT840M graphcis card with 2 GB Memory.
- A SteelSeries Keyboard, for pro-gamers, with strong tactile feedback and Anti-ghosting ability. Good battery life too.
- Its weight is 5.29 pounds.
3. Lenovo Y50 – Buy Now
- 15.6” Full-HD 1920 x 1080 touch screen that supports multi-touch up to 10 fingers.
- Dolby’ Advanced Audio technology combines with JBL-made stereo speakers and subwoofer, to make your audio experience, epic.
- 4th-Gen Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4 GHz Processor with 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 8 GB Solid-State Drive and 1 TB Hard Drive.
- In modern multi-player games, we all need to talk to our friends. To make it a better experience for you, Lenovo Y50’s got a dual digital array microphone. Video calls are there too. For that, we have a 720p integrated HD webcam.
- For gaming sessions during later night, it supports backlighting and AccuType Keyboard, so that you can play games for hours and hours.
- 4 hours of Battery life, despite of having a discrete Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB Graphics Card.
4. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition – Buy Now
- 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-4720HQ Processor — which you can Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz — + 8 GB DDR3 RAM and 1 TB Hard Drive.
- An impressive 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display for detailed images and colourful videos.
- 4 built-tin speakers + Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater surround sound promises you the best-in-class sounding experience.
- A backlit keyboard with a bit of more space between its keys, for better typing and more productivity.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M Graphics card with 4 GB DDR5 VRAM and 4 hours of battery life.
- Other noticiable features are Wireless 802.11ac with MIMO technology, Bluetooth 4.0 and built-in HD webcam.
5. ASUS X751LX-DB71 – Buy Now
- A super-wide 17.3″ IPS 1920×1080 Wide-Angle Display with VGA webcam and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Intel Core i7-5500U Dual-core processor of 2.4 GHz frequency, you can Turbo Boost it up to 3 GHz.
- It supports Wireless 802.11 b/g/n only.
- 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM + 1 TB Internal Hard Drive. It also supports DVD±RW/CD-RW and even it has a Card Reader slot too.
- A discrete Nvidia GeForce GTX950M 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card for graphics handling.
It is basically for those who want bigger screen some solid performance. Although it has same screen size as that of MSI GE72, it has better processor too and also it is slightly cheaper than the former.
6. ASUS ROG GL551JW-DS71 – Buy Now
- Intel Quad-core Core i7-4720HQ processor + Nvidia’s Maxwell architecture-powered GeForce GTX 960M with 2GB DDR5 memory.
- 15.6″ 1920×1080 pixels LED-lit Screen and a fully-backlit keyboard for late night use.
- 1TB of Hard Disk Drive (HDD storage) plus 16GB DDR3 RAM. DVD±RW/CD-RW is also supported.
- Large speakers combine with Asus’ exclusive SonicMaster Technology, for loud and deep bass. To personalize your audio, you can use AudioWizard feature.
- Optimus technology is used to switch between discrete and integrated graphics.
- Up to 5 hours of battery life — very good for a gaming laptop — and very good cooling system too.
7. Alienware 13 ANW13-2273SLV – Buy Now
- 13″ FHD 1920 x 1080 IPS-Panel Anti-Glare Display + FastAccess Facial Recognition.
- Intel Core i5-5200U processor combined with 8GB DDR3L RAM.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M Graphics Card with 2GB GDDR5 memory and 1000 GB SATA Hard Drive.
- Backlit keyboard and other advanced features such as WiFi 802.11ac and USB 3.0 and 2.0 MP webcam.
- Klipsch-powered speakers + Sound Blaster’ software for complete HD audio experience.
- Free Windows 10 upgrade and, due to that, other features Continuum, Microsoft Edge and Cortana etc.
8. Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p – Buy Now
- 15.6″ HD screen at 1920×1080 resolution + integrated 720p webcam and dual digital array microphones to background-noise-free chat sessions.
- For premium quality sound, it has JBL speakers and Dolby Home Theater v4.
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ 2.4 GHz processor + 8GB DDR3 SDRAM and 1 TB internal Hard Drive.
- DirectX 11 supports and HD video editing — thanks to NVIDIA GeForce GT755M SLI(Scalabel Link Interface) Dual Graphics Card with the combined memory of 4GB (2GB for each).
- Other features such as Backlit AccuType keyboard — with flat, curved keys — Lenovo Energy Management which enhances battery life.
- 3-hour battery life.
9. Acer Aspire E5 Series (2015) – Buy Now
- 2.2 GHz Intel 5th-Gen Core i5-5200U Dual-core processor with Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz, 8GB DDR3L RAM and 1TB internal Hard Drive.
- 15.6″ HD display with integrated 720p webcam.
- For video graphics, it has a discrete a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 940M Graphics Card.
- Others features are WiFi 802.11ac support which, in turn, supports MU-MIMO technology . MU-MIMO stands for Multi-User Multiple-Input and Multiple-Output. Simply put, it enables multiple radio terminals to access a system.
10. MSI GE72 APACHE-264 – Buy Now
- 4th-Gen Intel Core i7-4720HQ clocked at 2.6 GHz — but no Turbo Boost.
- 17.3″ big Full HD screen with a discrete Nvidia Geforce GTX960M 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card.+ 12GB DDR3L SDRAM.
- 1 TB internal storage and DVD SuperMulti is supported too.
- Its weight is 6 pounds and only 2 hours of battery life — with heavy usage.
11. Dell XPS13 (2015) – Buy Now – Slim and Light
- Broadwell Intel Core i5-5200U Dual-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz — the very same that was found in Acer Aspire E5 — and can be Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz.
- 4 GB SDRAM DDR3 + 128GB SSD and Intel HD Graphics 5500.
- 13.3″ full HD WLED backlit screen + Backlit keyboard too. Its weight is only 2.6 pounds.
- A mammoth battery life up to 15 hours — courtesy of having no discrete graphics Card.
With having 5th-Gen laptop, it has direct competition with Acer Aspire E5. Although it has SSD, which is not in E5 — that SSD is only of 128 GB. And since it has no discrete graphics card, don’t expect it to play Heavy-graphics games. It can still play not-so-graphics-heavy games though, not to forget its slim design, elegant looks and light weightiness.
12. Toshiba Satellite S55T – Buy Now
- 4th-Gen Intel Core i7-4710HQ processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 (you can max its frequency up to 3.5 GHz)
- 12GB DIMM RAM and 1TB Internal Hard Drive + Intel HD graphics — no discrete Graphics Card here.
- 15.6″ TruBrite touchscreen display up to 10 fingers multi-touch.
- DTS Sound, Harman Kordon Speakers and Slipstream port technology — a deadly combo for distort free, clear and rich sound.
- It also support 4K Ultra HD HDMI output.
- Advanced connectivity options like 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet.
13. Toshiba Satellite L55 – Buy Now
- 4th-Gen Dual-core Intel Core i5-4210U Processor at 1.7 GHz, but can be max out up to 2.2 GHz.
- 15.6″ TruBrite shiny LED-backlit display at 1366 x 768 resolution.
- 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM + 1 TB of internal storage and Intel HD graphics 4400 — but no discrete Graphics Card though.
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n is supported only.
14. Lenovo Y40-80 – Best 14″ Gaming Laptop Under 1000 – Buy Now
- 5th-Gen Broadwell Core i7-5500U microprocessor clocked at 2.4 GHz, turbo Boost up to 3 GHz.
- 14″ full HD anti-glare Display + JBL-made speakers.
- 16 GB PC3-12800 DDR3L RAM and 512GB SATA SSD.
- No Nvidia Graphics Card, instead we have an AMD Radeon R9 M275 4GB Graphics Card.
15. HP Pavilion 2016 – Best 6th-Gen Gaming Laptop Under 1000
- A 17.3″ Full HD IPS Touchscreen with 1920×1080 and 10-finger multi-touch support.
- 6th-Gen Skylake Core i7-6700HQ clocked at 2.6 GHz, which, you can turbo boost up to 3.5 GHz.
- 1 TB Hard Drive, Tray Load DVD drive and 720p HD webcam along with intel HD Graphics 530.
- B&O play with 2 speakers + windows 10 and 8GB DDR3L SDRAM.
Few Words From Author..
Well that were some of the best notebooks under 1000 from gaming point of view — in my opinion. It is natural that you may not agreed and have some other recommendation. If this is the case, feel free to comment. Your proposed laptop may get listed here.